Potato Pancakes originate from Poland and are great on their own or as a side dish. You can add to the flavour of your pancakes in a variety of ways, just add any vegetables you have leftover in the cupboard! You’ll find it best to serve them hot, dolloped with sour cream.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled (you can use our baking, chipping or roasting potatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Finely grate potatoes and drain any liquid by wrapping in a clean tea towel and wringing out.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
FARM FRESH POTATOES AND HANDCOOKED CRISPS DELIVERED TO YOU MONTHLY
Did you know our monthly potato and crisp subscription boxes come with a featured recipe like this one from May?
One box will provide you with loose bakers, baby potatoes, chipping potatoes and roasting potatoes making up 26 servings of potatoes for meals overall. Plus, because they are farm fresh, they will last you all month – though be sure to store them in a cool, dark place.
With this subscription box, you can also select your favourite flavours of our hand cooked crisps, choose from any combination of our 7 flavours to suit your tastes – or to please the whole family!