Potato wedges are a staple summer recipe to master. Perfect with picky dinners on hot days or even on a platter at a barbeque.
We have put together the ultimate recipe for wedges that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside with delicious tastes of garlic and rosemary. Why not give it a go for your dinner?
- 5 Fairfields Farm large washed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 3 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place in a large mixing bowl (TIP: Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways again, and then cut each half in half lengthways again until you have 8 wedges)
- Put the butter on a large baking tray and place in the oven until melted
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and tip the potatoes onto it
- Toss the potatoes in the melted butter and ensure they are fully covered
- Spread the wedges out so they are flat on the baking tray (use more than one if necessary)
- Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake until golden-brown (roughly 30 minutes).
- Serve the potatoes hot from the oven.
You can order a box of 6 x 750g bags of our new season baby potatoes with 3kg of baking potatoes for £15 including FREE delivery, straight from the farm to your door.
Fancy something to dip your wedges into? We are currently running a competition in partnership with Stokes Sauces which gives you the chance to win a hamper full of delicious wedge dipping sauces!
Click here to enter – competition ends Tuesday 4th August 2020.