Savoury lovers, we have the pancakes for you! What’s our secret ingredient? Potatoes, of course!
These deliciously creamy, melt in the mouth pancakes are a delightful filling snack to add to your recipe book. Plus, it’s a bonus if you have left over mash to use up!
You will need:
- 2 Fairfields Farm potatoes (makes up to 8 small pancakes)
- 75g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 75ml milk
- optional: grated cheese
- Oil (frying)
- Butter (frying)
1. If you don’t already have left over mash, you will first need to make some. Start by peeling the potatoes and chopping them into roast potato sized chunks.
2. Next, boil in a pan of water for 15 minutes or until soft.
3. Drain the potatoes and leave them to cool.
4. You can now mash the potatoes in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Then sieve the flour and baking powder into the mash and gradually add in the whisked eggs and milk mixture. Mix until you have created a smooth batter.
5. Next, Heat a small amount of oil with a knob of butter in a pan on a medium heat.
6. You can now add 2 table spoons of mash to the pan and spread it to around 8-10cm wide. We would recommend cooking up to 4 pancakes at a time in the same pan.
7. Cook for around 2 minutes or until golden brown underneath. Then flip over and cook the other side for a further 2 minutes or again until golden.
Serve up with your favourite toppings such as scrambled eggs, bacon or beans and cheese and enjoy!
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Take a look at our delicious recipes here.
FARM FRESH POTATOES AND HANDCOOKED CRISPS DELIVERED TO YOU
With fresh potatoes for new year recipes and a crisp snack (for in between cooking), our bundle includes your starter kit of 15kg washed potatoes from our farm and 24 packs of our hand cooked crisps.
Plus they’re all Gluten Free and Vegan!