As the seasonal calendar flicks over from Summer to Autumn, we’re looking forward to cosying up at home and enjoying so good old-fashioned comfort food!
In the Fairfields Farm house, autumn marks the start of roast dinner season and roast wouldn’t be a roast without some deliciously crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside roast potatoes. We have put together our simple, tried and tested recipe for roasties, why not give it a go for your Sunday dinner or for a midweek treat?
- Fairfields Potatoes (around 1 potato per person)
- 1 Tbsp Goose Fat
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary (optional)
- Cut your potatoes in half/thirds and place in a pan of boiling water.
- Par-boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain, and shake around in the pan a little bit to rough up the edges – this helps give you a really crispy skin.
- Put a tablespoon of goose fat on an oven tray and place in the pre-heated oven (180-200°C) for a couple of minutes to melt.
- Add the potatoes to the tray (be careful – they may splash the hot goose fat), season well with salt and pepper and return to the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- During cooking, check the potatoes every so often and turn them so that they cook evenly. After 30 minutes, add the fresh rosemary to taste.
You can order a big box of 15kg of our Washed Large Potatoes for £15 including FREE delivery, straight from the farm to your door.