Whether you are looking to cook something special for Valentine’s Day or just fancy trying something new, dauphinoise potatoes are an excellent indulgent side dish which is much simpler than it looks! Perfect for serving with a steak or even to switch things up for your usual Sunday roast.
- Fairfields Potatoes (around 1 potato per person)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500ml double cream
- 100g cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Peel and thinly slice your potatoes (only around 2mm thick).
- Cut the garlic in half and rub the cut side over the sides and bottom of a casserole dish.
- Finely chop the remaining garlic and combine in a bowl with the potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Layer the potatoes in the dish.
- Pour over the double cream.
- Top with grated cheese if using.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
LOVE GOOD FOOD THIS FEBRUARY WITH 10% OFF ONLINE
You can order a big box of 15kg of our Washed Large Potatoes for just £13.50 including FREE delivery, straight from the farm to your door. Just use the code LOVEFOOD10 at checkout.